- This event has passed.
Research Associate I
September 24, 2017 - October 24, 2017
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, “To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.” With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Research Associate I – Epigenetics and Cancer
- The laboratory of Dr. Nupam Mahajan at Moffitt Comprehensive Cancer Center is seeking a `Research Associate I’ interested in studying prostate and triple negative breast cancers.
- The positions involves testing novel small molecule compounds as potential therapeutic agents to overcome drug-resistance and novel immunomodulators.
- Our research group has identified novel histone modification marks (Cancer Cell, 2017; Nature Struc. Mol Biol.2012) and have identified small molecules that could suppress tumor progression (J Med Chem. 58:2746-63, 2015). For more information about our work, visit the website: http://labpages2.moffitt.org/mahajan_n/
The Ideal Candidate:
- We are looking for a highly motivated individual with BS or MS in molecular biology, immunology or biochemistry.
- Candidates must be enthusiastic and dedicated to science with excellent organizational skills and effective at working independently, while also collaborating and assisting the team in its collective research goals.
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects is must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate is expected to conduct and document experiments independently and evaluate and interpret data with guidance.
- Candidate is also expected to keep meticulous record of data.
- He/She will also have various lab duties
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BS in molecular biology, immunology, or biochemistry.
- Hands-on research experience
Please submit your CV and the names of three referees to Dr. Nupam Mahajan at Nupam.firstname.lastname@example.org