- This event has passed.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Epigenetics (Mainz, Germany)
July 5, 2016 - July 15, 2016
Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB), Mainz, Germany
The Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB) funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation is recruiting a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Epigenetics (#VTPD11)
The Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, and located in Mainz, Germany. Applications are invited for a postdoctoral researcher position in the laboratory of Dr. Vijay Tiwari.The successful applicant will contribute to internationally competitive research on epigenetic regulation of cell-fate specification during development. The group employs high-throughput epigenomics assays in combination with stem cell biology and neurobiology and cutting-edge epigenetics and molecular biology tools. The resulting datasets are analysed using computational and systems biology approaches to generate a comprehensive model of epigenetic regulation of gene expression during embryonic development.
- Study epigenetic mechanisms that regulate cell-type specification during neuronal development
- Utilize mouse embryonic stem cell differentiation and mouse as a model system
- Obtain training in epigenetics, gene regulation, developmental biology and computational biology
- Have access to all IMB Core Facilities
- Collaborate with internal and external partners
- Work in close cooperation with a team of experimental and computational researchers to facilitate novel discoveries
- PhD in molecular biology, neurobiology, epigenetics, biochemistry or developmental biology, preferentially with a background in gene regulation
- Strong experience in at least one of the following areas: embryonic development, stem cell biology, neurobiology, epigenetics
- At least one first author paper in an international peer reviewed journal
- Good written and spoken English
- Interest in working in a multidisciplinary team
- Competitiveness at the international level and willing to collaborate with internal and external collaborators as well as supporting other group members
- The possibility to work on cutting-edge projects using state-of-the-art technology
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Advanced training opportunities
- Career development
- Competitive salary
- Highly motivated research team
To apply, please email a cover letter, your CV (in English), contact address of at least two professional referees and certificates of your degrees quoting Ref. No. #VTPD11 to email@example.com. Informal inquires should be addressed to Dr. Vijay Tiwari (firstname.lastname@example.org). IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting date: 1st Aug 2016 or later; duration: Initially 2 years with option of further extension.
Deadline for applications: 15th July 2016