- This event has passed.
Senior Scientist III/ Principal Research Scientist: Translational Oncology
November 11, 2017 - December 11, 2017
The Translational Oncology and Precision medicine group at Abbvie uses advanced methods to discover biomarkers and implement translational medicine strategies to progress Abbvie’s innovative Oncology pipeline. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Scientist III to lead and oversee development and execution of Translational medicine strategy, including companion diagnostic (CDx) development for Abbvie sponsored clinical trials. As a member of both research and clinical development project teams he/she will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment to support projects across all phases of clinical development.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Lead development and implementation of translational medicine strategies for Oncology compounds
- Apply multiple genomic and biochemical technology platforms to demonstrate target engagement, develop and implement patient selection and diagnostic strategies.
- Partner with clinical and discovery groups to create high quality biomarker strategies in the clinic
- Implement potential novel bioanalytical platforms and introduce new ways to incorporate biomarkers into clinical program designs.
- Design and perform experiments to elucidate resistance mechanisms that can be developed into biomarkers and new therapeutics.
- Author the translational research and CDx portions in key clinical documents including protocol/informed consent, Clinical study Report, Investigators Brochure, etc. Contribute the scientific and technical sections as it relates to translational science and CDx in key regulatory documents including INDs, FDA briefing books, and submission documents (including NDAs, IDEs & PMAs).
- Provide hands-on clinical trial support, including sample management, lab work, and report generation.
- Function as an internal expert in oncology biomarkers and precision medicine and actively educate other team members through knowledge sharing.
- Present and report data in external meetings and publications.
Level commensurate with experience.
- B.S, M.S. and/or Ph.D. in Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related field with 6-8+ (Ph.D), 12-14+ (M.S), or 14-16+ (B.S) years of experience in developing and implementing translational medicine strategies, and a track record of success in the pharma industry.
- Strong scientific background in tumor biology and expertise in immuno-oncology, epigenetics, or tumor immune microenvironment is preferred.
- Demonstrated technical excellence and expertise in Translational medicine; including hands-on experience taking small molecules and/or biologics through preclinical to clinical development.
- Companion diagnostics development experience is a plus
- Experience in analysis of large datasets and knowledge of biostatistics
- Experience in the development and utilization of biomarkers, various technologies/platforms ( –omics technologies, immunohistochemistry and immunoassays, etc.).
- Effectively work in a cross-functional team environment, interacting with various levels within the organization as well as vendors/academic sites/KOLs
- Organization, orientation to details, and effective time management with an ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively on multiple oncology programs in a fast dynamic environment.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.