Scientist – Computational Biology
January 4 - February 6
Client Quanticel Research, a drug division of Client Pharmaceuticals, is committed to the development of breakthrough medicines for the treatment of cancer. Our proprietary platform for single-cell analysis of the cancer genome enables the discovery of first-in-class oncology therapeutics.
CQR seeks a scientist to join our vibrant interdisciplinary team to develop and facilitate interpretation of complex next-generation sequencing data from tumor xenografts and derived single-cells. The right candidate will share our passion for pioneering new solutions, continual improvement, and uncompromising quality in research.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adapt open source tools and/or develop visualization methods to enable bench scientists to query, display and interpret NGS data types. These include RNA-expression from single-cells and bulk tissues, variant data from exome sequencing, copy-number data from whole genome sequencing, and epigenetic data.
- Facilitate data sharing/management from internal and open-source based databases.
- Ability to integrate laboratory instrument metadata to databases
- Comfortable working in Linux and Docker environments.
- General knowledge of NGS technologies, sequence analysis tools and public visualization resources.
- Experience with Amazon EC2 cloud resources; e.g. S3, EC2, Lambda and others.
- Highly self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Able to critically structure data.
- Possess in-depth knowledge in some area of data visualization
- Understands fundamental scientific problems and can apply knowledge to research and development projects and problems in a positive manner.
- Contributes individually as well as on cross functional teams.
- Responsible for more complex assignments and for more than one project.