Informatics Analyst II
February 28 - March 29
This position will work primarily with scientists and computational experts using Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data, such as RNA-sequencing, miRNA-sequencing, and Methylation arrays. This position focuses on applied bioinformatics skills in transcriptional profiling and epigenetic analyses in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Process diverse NGS datasets prior to analysis.
- Implement standard data quality, formatting and annotation processes.
- Data management and organization for large “omics” datasets ( > 1000 samples).
- Visualization of “omics” data.
- Contribution to on-going research projects, including statistical and bioinformatics support for clinical research fellows, and molecular biologists.
- Enrollment in an accredited graduate degree program.
- Ability to commit to a 9-month, full-time position.
- Programming skills in R.
- Programming skills in Python.
- Experience with computing in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with high performance computing clusters (HPC) and job scheduling systems (SLURM, Torque, etc).
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Coursework in molecular biology, algorithms, and statistics.