- This event has passed.
Oncology Discovery Intern
September 30, 2017 - October 30, 2017
Merck Research Lab’s Oncology Discovery team is seeking a motivated, creative, and technically skilled student for a 3- month summer internship. The student should have a strong interest in cancer research and learning about oncology drug discovery. The successful candidate will serve as an
integral member of a multidisciplinary drug discovery project team developing novel small molecule inhibitors for epigenetic targets. The candidate will work with a scientific mentor to develop and carry out biochemical, biophysical, and/or cell-based assays to characterize potential therapeutic molecules. Students with a background in biochemistry, molecular or cell biology, biomedical engineering, or a related field will be considered. Candidates should have completed 3 years of undergraduate study.
The responsibilities of the Oncology Discovery team member include:
– Design, execute, interpret and report in vitro experiments.
– Assist in developing, executing, and troubleshooting biochemical, biophysical, and cell-based assay
– Communicate data clearly and concisely to teams and stakeholders.
– Monitor, review, and critically interpret published work to guide their own research.
– Collaborate with members from other functional areas, including medicinal chemistry, in vivo and in vitro pharmacology and genetics.
Candidates must be currently pursuing a BS/BA degree in biochemistry, molecular or cell biology, biomedical engineering, or a related field
– Candidates must be returning to school in Fall of 2018.
– Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to 12 weeks beginning in May or June of 2018
– Candidates must have completed at least (3) full years of college study by June of 2018
– Strong desire to develop knowledge of Oncology drug discovery.
– Experience with basic lab procedures: pipetting, solution preparation, plate assays.
– Experience with basic mammalian cell culture.
– Demonstrated ability to perform accurate data analysis.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of lab reports and presentations.
– Strong attention to detail.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.