- This event has passed.
Postdoctoral Fellows – Stem Cell and Leukemia
June 16, 2017 - July 16, 2017
Two postdoctoral positions are available in the Stem Cell and Leukemia Program established in the laboratory of Dr. Nadia Carlesso in the Gehr Family Center for Leukemia Research at the Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope.
Our laboratory investigates the link between inflammation and leukemogenesis and the contribution of the bone marrow microenvironment in leukemia progression. In particular, we are studying the role of canonical and non-canonical Notch signaling, NF-kB pathway and non-coding RNAs in leukemia development. Our long-term goal is to identify novel therapeutic approaches targeting simultaneously the leukemia cells and the leukemic microenvironment, in particular in relapse. We are using in vivo models of leukemia and inflammation, genomics, biochemistry, proteomics, high throughput screening, in vivo imaging and mathematical modeling.
Two positions are open to develop two independent projects:
- To determine how the microenvironment and inflammation contributes to clonal dominance and transformation in models of myeloproliferative neoplasia.
- To study the changes in cell metabolism and epigenetic regulation of hematopoietic stem cell during inflammation.
TO APPLY, e-mail a cover letter, CV and contact information for 3 references to: Nadia Carlesso, M.D., Ph.D. Professor, Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and Associate Director of Basic Research, Gehr Family Center for Leukemia Research. email@example.com; https://www.cityofhope.org/people/carlesso-nadia
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- The candidate must have a doctoral degree in biomedical related fields.
- Both positions requires skills in molecular biology, biochemistry, tissue culture, multi-parameter flow cytometry, viral vector mediated gene transfer, mouse handling and transplantation techniques.
- Those with experience in stem cell biology, cancer biology, epigenetics and animal models are especially encouraged to apply.
- Newly graduated PhDs are encouraged to apply.