- This event has passed.
Associate Researcher – Pharmacological Sciences
August 27, 2017 - September 27, 2017
For laboratory research in genomics and molecular biology of cancer/stem cells in the Department of Pharmacological Sciences is looking to fill a position of research associate.
The laboratory research will focus on understanding the role of epigenetic regulators in biological events that control and direct cell fate. We use state of the art equipment and techniques. Training will be provided if needed.
- Cell culture techniques: regular passaging and infection/transfection. Maintenance of lab stocks of frozen cells and mycoplasma testing
- NGS: RNA isolation and quality control. Library preparation
- Animal handling: drug delivery by IP and SC methods. Tumor xenograft inoculation and monitoring
- Molecular techniques: qPCR, WB, IFF, IHC
- Keep up to date laboratory records of the experiments performed
- Communicate results in lab meetings
- Bachelor of Science in Biology or related field
- 0-2 years of experience in laboratory
- Willingness to spend most of the time in the laboratory and to perform laboratory maintenance tasks and organization
- Knowledge of MS-excel and word
- Must be very organized