August 12 - September 12
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Post-Doctoral Fellow for the Ernst Lab. This full-time position is responsible for: 100 % effort to studying the role of CCDC3 factors within different forms of cancer.
Examples of work performed:
- Set up mouse mating(s);
- Tag/tail/genotype progeny;
- Address any problem issues with mouse colony;
- Interact with animal facility staff;
- Maintain on-line and printed records of animals in colony;
- Order animals for project as needed;
- Use University system to order reagents and supplies as needed;
- Maintain laboratory stocks and equipment and be responsible for coordinating repairs when needed;
- Maintain lab records of stocks;
- Supervise new trainees, rotation students, undergraduates in lab jobs and experimentation;
- Maintain laboratory records for experiments for publication methods and for others to repeat experiments;
- Correspond with other investigators inside and outside of the CU system regarding collaborations;
- Perform experiments independently;
- Perform experiments with other students, postdocs to contribute to publications and overall productivity of the group;
- Maintain accurate and current laboratory notebook including all experimental details;
- Write-up and present experiments in small group meetings;
- Travel and present personal and laboratory projects.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $47,484.00. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Graduation from an accredited university with a PhD in Biomedicine or Biochemistry.
- Minimum of 2 years of Cancer/Molecular Biology lab experience.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Demonstrates the proficiency in computer software, equipment operation, or research technical skills.
Condition of Employment:
Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
In depth experience in at least two of the following areas is desired:
- Experience with CCDC3 functions in different forms of cancer,
- Experience with Bmi-1 induced apoptosis,
- Experience in autophagy and epigenetic regulators in cancer cells.
Special Instructions to Applicants: *Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Required Application Materials: When applying at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references. Questions should be directed to Paul Lopez at Paul.J.Lopez@ucdenver.edu Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.