- This event has passed.
Computational Biologist – Cancer Biology
June 26, 2017 - July 26, 2017
We are looking for a Computational Biologist to provide scientific insight from large and diverse biological datasets. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dedicated team of scientists to form data driven decisions, propose actionable and testable solutions to identify and progress novel cancer therapeutics. The candidate will be expected to contribute to our mission to provide innovative cancer therapies to patients across our pipeline of novel therapeutics including small molecules, antibody-drug conjugates and immune-oncology therapies. The candidate will be influential across the entire drug discovery spectrum from target identification and validation through mechanism-of-action, translational hypotheses and biomarkers to inform clinical practice.
Apply computational methods to integrate, visualize and interpret data resulting from Proteomic, Genomic, Next Generation Sequencing and efficacy data from in-vitro or pharmacology pre-clinical studies.
Establish a collaborative and influential role within Drug Discovery project teams comprised of cell biologists, biochemists and pharmacologists. Be responsible for analysis to deduce, summarize and communicate results contributing to the understanding of drug indication, mechanism of action, identification of response predictors and translational biomarkers
Work collaboratively with data scientists and the information technology group to participate in enhancing our AWS computational infrastructure capable of performing genome scale data analysis on abundant proprietary and comprehensive public data
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD., Post Doctorate, or MS. in a computational biology or bio-informatics field with 5 years industry or academic experience in a data scientist role.
- The ideal candidate would have experience with:
- Genome scale or big data analysis derived from Next Generation Sequencing including; Exome, RNA-SEQ, miRNA, Copy Number, Epigenetics and synthetic lethal screens.
- Data mining, text mining, systems biology and visualization solutions including: Rstudio, Shiny, Omicsoft Array Studio, Spotfire, MetaCore, Ingenuity and MsigDB.
- Programming, AWS cloud computing and command line expertise; SQL, Perl, Python, R.
- Our desired candidate would have strong organizational and interpersonal skills including excellent oral and written communication with a desire to work well in a matrix collaborative team setting.
we are driven to improve people’s lives