- This event has passed.
Manager – Research
November 12, 2017 - December 13, 2017
1. Manage the activities of the designated Sylvester Scientific Research Programs: Cancer Epigenetics, Cancer Control, and Tumor Biology
2. Will work with the Director to develop and evaluate new research programs.
5. Responsible for the preparation of specialized financial reports such as Program Active Funding Reports for Leadership meetings.
7. Organize and coordinate visits of external speakers and Program external review committees. Manage all travel aspects; this includes travel arrangements, meeting agendas and the preparation of materials and presentations.
8. Responsible for maintaining the Research Knowledgebase Website. This entails obtaining current research descriptions for Cancer Center investigators, and posting updates to the website.
9. Responsible for maintaining the Research Discoveries tracker. This entails tracking and classifying the investigators’ scientific accomplishments on a monthly basis.
Responsible for the coordination of the Scientific Steering Committee. This includes the scheduling of bi-monthly meetings, tracking attendance, reviewing Committee Membership, preparing agendas and minutes, follow up, execution of action items and maintaining the data archives for the committee. Will also work with Committee Members to complete special projects stemming from these Committee meetings.
This position will work with the leaders of the research programs in order to achieve NCI designation. The manager will take the lead on:
1. Ensuring all CCSG data is accurate and adheres to the grant’s guidelines.
2. Monitoring CCSG funding metrics and advising the program leader’s of critical changes.
3. Will work with program leaders on written portions of the CCSG as far as content and program metrics.
4. Will review and provide custom/ad hoc reports to program leaders.
1. Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration, Business or other related field. 1 year work related experience in a health care setting is preferred but not required. Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and schedules. Excellent computer skills required. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work under minimal direction.